Our In-Office Teeth Whitening produces visible results in less than one hour! Professional teeth whitening is a popular in-office cosmetic dental procedure which can provide a safe and controlled solution for achieving a whiter, brighter smile in one office visit. Get fast results without the hassle that is involved with many at-home whitening treatments. Over-the-counter whitening products are often ineffective or require great lengths of time due to the smaller amounts of whitening agents used.
Benefits of Professional In-Office Teeth Whitening
- Stronger whitening agents
- Fast results: At RxSmile Orthodontics, we offer in-office professional Teeth Whitening, which can produce visible results in less than one hour, as opposed to weeks of using home treatments, often with a much less noticeable outcome.
- Comfortable procedure: During your professional teeth whitening, your gums will be protected, and the entire process is monitored to ensure that your experience is a pleasant one. Desensitizers, such as fluoride and potassium nitrate, can be used to decrease tooth sensitivity.
- Color control: With in-office tooth whitening, patients can choose how many shades brighter they would like their teeth to be. Your dental professional then uses the precise strength of whitening agent to produce the desired result.
- Safe: In-office teeth whitening at RxSmile Orthodontics, is precisely carried out, as well as monitored for any issues of extreme tooth sensitivity.
- Dental expertise: RxSmile Orthodontist, Dr. Greg Greenberg, can recommend the best, most effective treatment for you depending on the cause of your teeth discoloration. If an underlying dental problem exists, it can be identified and repaired.
- Individualized: Over-the-counter treatments are often ill-fitting, while your doctor can cover each tooth individually with the appropriate amount of gel, as well as create a custom at-home tray for maintenance.
- Effective, even, and thorough whitening: In-office whitening procedures are performed by a dental professional who will ensure that each tooth receives an even application of whitening gel for the appropriate amount of time to achieve the requested result.
What Causes Teeth to Discolor?
Foods that are common contributors to yellowing or stained teeth are:
- Coffee and tea
- Red wine
- Dark fruits or fruit juices
- Dark vegetables
Such discoloration which occurs naturally over time can generally be successfully treated with in-office teeth whitening.
Teeth whitening is typically not recommended for teeth that are discolored due to:
- Dental trauma
- Fluoride overexposure
Teeth Whitening after Braces Removal
Professional teeth whitening can benefit orthodontic patients after the removal of their dental braces. Some patients may experience a color difference between the exposed portion of their teeth and the parts of the teeth covered by the dental brackets, especially if braces are worn for an extended period of time.
Once braces are removed, the glue or cement material which held the brackets in place will need to be completely removed before your teeth can be whitened. Your orthodontist can advise you on the appropriate length of time to wait before undergoing a whitening treatment to ensure a successful outcome.
It is not recommended to whiten the teeth while wearing braces, as the result may also be a mismatch in tooth color. Any patient undergoing a teeth whitening procedure should have a thorough teeth cleaning prior to the treatment.
Quickly & effortlessly Brighten your Beautiful Smile up to 8 shades whiter!
If you are interested in improving your smile with professional teeth whitening, contact our office for an appointment. Call 972-335-1300 Monday through Thursday, or submit an online appointment request and we will respond within one business day.