To best serve our patients and their families, as well as protect the safety of our RxSmile Team, we have implemented additional safety precautions and procedures in our office in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please watch the video below and read through the list of changes carefully so you, and your child(ren), are prepared for their upcoming appointment.
COVID-19 Office Procedures
It’s fair to say our community has been through a lot in 2020! While many of our ‘normal’ routines and ways of doing things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection Control Procedures
Our office will continue to follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We will monitor and implement any new rulings or guidance that may be issued to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Preparing for your Appointment
As the spread of Coronavirus continues to impact our community, we will remain extra vigilant in our efforts to minimize personal contact, while still providing each patient with the best possible care, and keep our entire RxSmile team safe. Please read the following changes carefully before your next appointment:
- Our COVID-19 health screening questionnaire must be filled out and signed electronically BEFORE any patient comes in the office. If any answers are “YES”, we must reschedule for a later date for everyone’s safety.
- Our toothbrushing station will be closed! Please BRUSH YOUR TEETH PRIOR TO ARRIVING for your appointment.
AT OUR OFFICE
- For curbside check-in, park near our doors and text (972) 318-2272 or call (972) 335-1300 with patient’s name. Please wait in your car and we will text/call back when we’re ready for you or your child to come in. We’re also asking parents and siblings to remain in the car during the appointment.
- Anyone entering our office must be wearing a mask or face covering of some sort.
- Upon entering the office, we will take your temperature at front desk and ask you to use hand sanitizer.
- We will escort patients back to their assigned chair.
- We will limit and stagger the number of patients to help minimize personal contact and wait times.
- When the appointment is over we will escort your child back to the car and give parents any updates. Please call our office from the lot, or when you get home, to schedule the next appointment.
- We have added air filtration devices throughout the office.
- We skip every other chair to maintain distance between patients and thoroughly clean/disinfect chairs, counters, doors, and equipment between patients.
- The waiting area is closed and we do not have the normal conveniences … no photo booth, no magazines, no coffee bar, no iPad games, no toys.
- We use a HEPA vacuum to control aerosols in the treatment area.
- We wear extra PPE ourselves and wash/change equipment between patients.