To best serve our patients and their families, as well as protect the safety of our RxSmile Team, we will be implementing additional safety precautions and procedures as we reopen our office in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please watch the video below and read through the list of changes carefully so you, and your child(ren), are prepared for their upcoming appointment. We will be contacting you directly to reschedule in order of necessity.
New COVID-19 Reopening Procedures
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection Control Procedures
Our office will continue to follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We will monitor and implement any new rulings or guidance that may be issued to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Preparing for your Appointment
Effective May 4, we’ll be taking extra precautionary measures to help minimize possible contact with other patients, while still providing each patient with the best possible care, and keep our entire RxSmile team safe as we reopen our practice. Please read the following changes carefully before your next appointment:
- Our COVID-19 health screening questionnaire must be filled out and signed electronically BEFORE any patient comes in the office. If any answers are “YES”, we must reschedule for a later date for everyone’s safety.
- Our toothbrushing station will be closed! Please BRUSH YOUR TEETH PRIOR TO ARRIVING for your appointment.
AT OUR OFFICE
- For curbside check-in, park near our doors and text (972) 318-2272 or call (972) 335-1300 with patient’s name. Please wait in your car and we will text/call back when we’re ready for you or your child to come in. We’re also asking parents and siblings to remain in the car during the appointment.
- Anyone entering our office must be wearing a mask of some sort.
- Upon entering the office, we will take your temperature at front desk and ask you to use hand sanitizer.
- We will escort patients back to their assigned chair.
- We will limit and stagger the number of patients to help minimize personal contact and wait times.
- When the appointment is over we will escort your child back to the car and give parents any updates. Please call our office from the lot, or when you get home, to schedule the next appointment.
- Because we are scheduling a limited number of patients each day, we will be open Fridays in May and June.
- We will skip every other chair to maintain distance between patients and thoroughly clean/disinfect chairs, counters, doors, and equipment between patients.
- There will be limited seats in the waiting area, and we will not have the normal conveniences … no photo booth, no magazines, no coffee bar, no iPad games, no toys.
- We will use a HEPA vacuum to control aerosols in the treatment area.
- We will be wearing extra PPE ourselves and washing, changing equipment between patients.
If you already have an appointment scheduled, please be patient, as we will be calling to reschedule in order of necessity.