At RxSmile Orthodontics in Frisco, we offer Zoom Teeth Whitening, which can produce visible results in less than one hour. Professional teeth whitening is a popular in-office cosmetic dental procedure which can provide a safe and controlled solution for achieving a whiter, brighter smile in one office visit. Professional teeth whitening offers fast results without the hassle that is involved with many at-home whitening treatments. Over-the-counter whitening products are often ineffective or require great lengths of time due to the smaller amounts of whitening agents used.
Zoom Professional Teeth Whitening
Benefits of professional teeth whitening include:
- Stronger whitening agents: Dental professionals have access to whitening products comprised of up to 35% hydrogen peroxide, while most over-the-counter products are considerably lower (approximately 3%).
- Fast results: At RxSmile Orthodontics, we offer Zoom Teeth Whitening, which can produce visible results in less than one hour, as opposed to weeks of using home treatments, often with a much less noticeable outcome.
- Comfortable procedure: During your professional teeth whitening, your gums will be protected, and the entire process is monitored to ensure that your experience is a pleasant one. Desensitizers, such as fluoride and potassium nitrate, can be used to decrease tooth sensitivity.
- Color control: With in-office tooth whitening, patients can choose how many shades brighter they would like their teeth to be. Your dental professional then uses the precise strength of whitening agent to produce the desired result.
- Safe: In-office teeth whitening at RxSmile Orthodontics, is precisely carried out, as well as monitored for any issues of extreme tooth sensitivity.
- Dental expertise: RxSmile Orthodontist, Dr. Greg Greenberg, can recommend the best, most effective treatment for you depending on the cause of your teeth discoloration. If an underlying dental problem exists, it can be identified and repaired.
- Individualized: Over-the-counter treatments are often ill-fitting, while your doctor can cover each tooth individually with the appropriate amount of gel, as well as create a custom at-home tray for maintenance.
- Effective, even, and thorough whitening: In-office whitening procedures are performed by a dental professional who will ensure that each tooth receives an even application of whitening gel for the appropriate amount of time to achieve the requested result.
Who Can Benefit from Professional Teeth Whitening?
Over time, our teeth begin to darken, usually due to outside factors, such as consumption of specific foods or tobacco use. For orthodontic patients, the portions of the teeth behind the dental brackets are actually protected while the exposed teeth continue to be subjected to darkening factors. This is another reason why it is important to maintain proper care by brushing and flossing with braces and retainers.
Foods that are common contributors to yellowing or stained teeth are:
- Coffee and tea
- Red wine
- Dark fruits or fruit juices
- Dark vegetables
Such discoloration which occurs naturally over time can generally be successfully treated with in-office teeth whitening.
Teeth whitening is typically not recommended for teeth that are discolored due to:
- Dental trauma
- Fluoride overexposure
- Medication, such as tetracycline
Teeth Whitening after Dental Braces Removal
Professional teeth whitening can benefit orthodontic patients after the removal of their dental braces. Some patients may experience a color difference between the exposed portion of their teeth and the parts of the teeth covered by the dental brackets, especially if braces are worn for an extended period of time.
Once braces are removed, the glue or cement material which held the brackets in place will need to be completely removed before your teeth can be whitened. Your orthodontist can advise you on the appropriate length of time to wait before undergoing a whitening treatment to ensure a successful outcome.
It is not recommended to whiten the teeth while wearing braces, as the result may also be a mismatch in tooth color. Any patient undergoing a teeth whitening procedure should have a thorough teeth cleaning prior to the treatment.
Zoom Teeth Whitening
At RxSmile Orthodontics, we offer Zoom Teeth Whitening, which utilizes an innovative LED light in conjunction with a whitening gel, to achieve dramatic whitening in approximately one hour. During Zoom Teeth Whitening, the 25% hydrogen peroxide gel is placed on each tooth in 3-4 separate applications, each lasting about 15 minutes.
A specialized lamp is used to activate the gel and accelerate the whitening process. Oxygen penetrates the enamel and dentin as the hydrogen peroxide breaks down. This allows the teeth to be bleached without changing the tooth structure.
During the whitening process, you can relax, listen to music, or watch television. After the applications are completed, a fluoride gel is brushed on the teeth to reduce any sensitivity. An at-home touch-up kit is available with custom-fitted trays to maintain and maximize the results of your whitening treatment.
Results from Zoom Teeth Whitening are immediate and can improve the brightness of your smile by up to 8 shades whiter.
If you are interested in improving your smile with professional teeth whitening, contact our office for an appointment.
Our goal at the RxSmile Frisco orthodontics office with Dr. Greg Greenberg is to provide highly personalized and comprehensive orthodontic care for our families in the Frisco-Plano metropolitan area.
If you are interested in improving your smile with professional teeth whitening, please call 972 335 1300 Monday through Thursday, or submit an online appointment request and we will respond within one business day.