AcceleDent® Aura is an innovative Class II medical device, developed by OrthoAccel Technologies, which uses vibration technology to accelerate orthodontic treatment. Through the use of the exclusive SoftPulse Technology˚, the AcceleDent® Aura creates gentle micropulses which allow teeth to move up to 50% faster because bone remodeling is accelerated. The hands-free device is used for 20 minutes per day in conjunction with your orthodontic treatment.
AcceleDent Aura is clinically proven to accelerate tooth movement by up to 50%. Dr. Greg Greenberg provides this orthodontic device to offer accelerated orthodontic treatment, while decreasing discomfort by up to 70%, in a noninvasive, nonsurgical way.
Experience accelerated orthodontic treatment using AcceleDent® with a 100% satisfaction guarantee*.
Dr. Greg Greenberg, DDS, a Frisco orthodontist, is an AcceleDent NOW Premier Provider, offering patients a 60-day trial of AcceleDent. Dr. Greenberg’s patients have the unique opportunity to experience the benefits of accelerated orthodontic treatment with the innovative vibration technology, 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If you are about to start orthodontic treatment, ask Dr. Greenberg, a Frisco orthodontist, if accelerated treatment with AcceleDent is right for you so you can start your trial of AcceleDent today!
*Promotional offer is not transferable. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is only available during the 60-day trial of AcceleDent with the AcceleDent NOW program. If patient is not 100% satisfied with AcceleDent during the 60-day trial and has notified the orthodontist on or prior to the end of the 60-day trial, the orthodontist will issue a credit for the full amount paid during the 60-day trial period.
How AcceleDent Aura Works
During orthodontic treatment, your teeth move through bone by a process called bone remodeling. When pressure is applied to teeth, bone cells called osteoclasts and osteoblasts mobilize around the roots causing changes in the bone allowing teeth to move.
Research shows that mechanical stimulation of bone can be beneficial in treating bone and muscle loss and increase the rate of healing in bone fractures. AcceleDent® Aura uses this proven method in their SoftPulse Technology˚.
By transmitting tiny vibrations through the roots of your teeth and into the bone socket, AcceleDent® accelerates cellular response which allows your teeth to move faster. These micropulses are precisely calibrated to work with the treatment prescribed by your orthodontist.
AcceleDent® is designed to be used for 20 minutes per day and the device will automatically turn off at the end of each session, as well as alert you when you are halfway through the session. Bite pressure should be just enough to hold the device in place. If your session needs to be interrupted, AcceleDent® will continue with the current session as long as the break is no longer than 5 minutes. AcceleDent® is equipped to be connected to your computer for easy tracking of your treatment sessions. It is not recommended to use your AcceleDent® for longer than the prescribed 20 minutes per day or while sleeping. Advantages of using AcceleDent® Aura include:
- Safe: AcceleDent® Aura has been cleared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and used in clinical trials safely.
- Fast: Research shows a faster movement of teeth by up to 50%.
- Comfortable: AcceleDent® can reduce orthodontic discomfort from traditional braces.
- Easy: Treatment requires only 20 minutes per day.
- Gentle: SoftPulse Technology˚ uses up to 8x less force than a power toothbrush.
AcceleDent® Aura Clinical Trial
- In a parallel, double-blind, controlled trial, 45 patients with orthodontic appliances were randomly placed into two groups. The vibration group was given the AcceleDent® device to use for 20 minutes per day, while the control group participated in the same protocol with devices which were not activated. Patients’ teeth were analyzed for movement on a monthly basis.
- The mean rate of movement for the AcceleDent® vibration group was 1.16 mm per month, while the control group’s mean rate of movement was measured at .79 mm per month, showing a difference of .37 mm per month. This protocol was pre-approved by the FDA and subjects were enrolled in the study for 16 months. Patient compliance was tracked through a logbook.
- The study concluded that orthodontic tooth movement was greatly increased with the application of vibration as an adjunct to treatment with fixed orthodontic appliances.
Caring for Your AcceleDent Aura
Your AcceleDent® device has been prescribed by your orthodontist for your specific orthodontic needs. It is exclusively for your use and should never be shared with another person. The activator is designed to work for the length of your treatment based on a usage of 20 minutes per day, after which the device will automatically deactivate. You should recharge your activator every 3-5 days. Your activator will alert you to when a recharge is needed.
After each use of your AcceleDent®, you should remove the mouthpiece and rinse it with warm water. Always allow your mouthpiece to air dry before storing it in its travel case. You may also gently clean the mouthpiece with a mild soap or non-abrasive, liquid dish detergent or toothpaste. Be sure to store your AcceleDent® in a moisture-free environment, as the device is not waterproof. A soft cloth can be used to clean the activator.
Our goal at RxSmile Frisco orthodontics office with Dr. Greg Greenberg is to provide highly personalized and comprehensive orthodontic care for our families in the Frisco-Plano metropolitan area. If you have questions about braces and would like to make an appointment with our orthodontist, Dr. Greg Greenberg, please call 972 335 1300 Monday through Thursday, or submit an online appointment request and we will respond within one business day.