Paying for Dental Braces (Orthodontics) has become easier at RxSmile Orthodontics in Frisco. Orthodontics is an investment which lasts a lifetime, and with new affordable payment options, getting the most highly qualified orthodontist, skilled in the latest technology, is easier than you think. Read our article on How Much Do Braces Cost.
Orthodontic treatment can have a dramatic effect on a patient’s life physiologically, as well as psychologically. Straight teeth not only look nice aesthetically but can be a tremendous benefit to your overall health, with results that will last a lifetime.
Health Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
- Decreased stress and premature wear on teeth
- Correction of jaw alignment
- Decreased risk of chipped or broken teeth due to improper chewing or protruding teeth
- Reduction in tooth decay and gum disease: Straight teeth are easier to floss and clean properly
Psychological benefits of straight teeth include:
- Higher confidence levels
- Improved attitude
- Raised self-esteem
With so much depending on your smile, paying for dental braces (Orthodontics) has become easier at RxSmile Orthodontics in Frisco. We accept all traditional insurance plans. orthodontics should never hinder you from getting the best orthodontic treatment available. While the cost of braces can seem daunting, paying for orthodontic treatment can be easier than you might think. The relatively short-term investment of orthodontic treatment will have long-term benefits that can change your life.
Paying for Dental Braces
The cost of braces can vary depending on the orthodontic treatment you need and the type of braces you choose to fit your lifestyle. Types of braces and approximate costs are:
- Traditional metal braces: The most common type of braces and typically the least expensive, ranging from $3,000-$7,000 in price
- Ceramic braces: Clear or tooth-colored braces which are less visible and usually cost $4,000-$8,000
- Invisalign®: Series of clear aligners that range from $4,000-$8,000
At RxSmile Orthodontics, our office strives to work with patients and families to help with payment options. While finances always come into play when choosing to have orthodontic treatment, they should never keep you from choosing a highly qualified orthodontist that you trust.
Dr. Greg Greenberg at RxSmile Frisco Orthodontics accepts the following insurance plans:
- Delta Dental
- United Concordia
- We do not participate in any DHMO plans
Many insurance plans will cover at least a portion of the orthodontic treatment that you choose. You should contact your insurance provider to find out exactly what and how much is covered. If you do not have dental insurance or your insurance covers only part of your orthodontic treatment (which is generally the case), payment options are available:
- OrthoFi: Our office offers this new financing option! OrthoFi is an individualized financial tool available through our orthodontic office in which you can design your own payment plan to fit within your personal budget.
- Payment Plans: Most orthodontic offices offer affordable and flexible monthly payment plans that allow you to pay for your braces over time.
- Payment in Full Discount: Many orthodontists offer a discount to patients who choose to pay for their orthodontic treatment in full prior to treatment.
FSA/HSA: Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts can often be used to pay for braces. Be sure to consult with your orthodontist to ensure that any requirements for using these accounts are fulfilled. Knowing the rules and any monetary limits of your account will help the orthodontic payment process run smoothly.
How to Choose an Orthodontist
Choosing an orthodontist may be the most important oral health decision you make for your family. With so many orthodontic advances in recent years, it is important to know that all treatments (and all orthodontists) are not the same.
Deciding on which orthodontist you entrust your smile to may take some research, but knowing that the results will last a lifetime will be worth the effort.Your orthodontist’s qualifications should include being a licensed member of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO). AAO members are orthodontic specialists who have completed additional education in their field and are required to keep up-to-date on the latest advances in orthodontics.
Although many General Dentists will offer orthodontics to their patients, your orthodontist has:
- Extra Training: Additional two to three years of specialized training in orthodontics and braces beyond dental school
- Continued Focused Education: They focus on only orthodontic continuing education
- Experience Full Time: Practice full time on daily basis the subspecialty of orthodontics
The cost of orthodontics is mainly based on the complexity of treatment, not whether the person providing the treatment is an orthodontist or dentist.
Our orthodontists offer a free consultation to new patients, and this is your opportunity to interview the orthodontist, ask questions about the practice, and get a feel for the ambiance of the orthodontic office. Some questions that you may want to ask of any potential orthodontic office may include:
- How long has the orthodontist been in practice?
- What treatment options do I have?
- What is the time-length of the orthodontic treatment recommended?
- How often will I need orthodontic appointments?
- What are your office hours?
- What emergency provisions does the orthodontic office offer should the need arise?
- How much will the entire orthodontic treatment cost?
- What insurance plans do you accept?
- What financial options do you offer?
Choosing to have orthodontic treatment is a big decision. You should never feel pressured to make an immediate treatment choice. It’s important that you feel comfortable with the orthodontist, as well as the orthodontic staff. After all, orthodontic treatment takes time, and having a good rapport with your orthodontist is a key component in achieving your new smile. Choosing the right orthodontist can make the process of getting that beautiful smile easy, smooth, and even enjoyable!
Our goal at the RxSmile Frisco orthodontics office with Dr. Greg Greenberg is to provide highly personalized and comprehensive orthodontic care for our families in the Frisco-Plano metropolitan area. If you have questions about braces and would like to make an appointment, please call 972 335 1300 Monday through Thursday, or submit an online appointment request and we will respond within one business day.